We’ve already got several clients which want us to work in Russia web positioning, some to draw Russian traffic towards Spain and others with strategies to penetrate into Russia. We Adrenalina have already incorporated an in-house Russian SEO and network of collaborators in Russia. It’d seem YANDEX is quickly expanding in other nations, has come up with their own web browser Yandex Browser have jumped some steps ahead and have doubled their efforts, first in not losing their market quota in their territory and second to compete with Google in other markets.
Yandex has focused towards Turkey, where they’ve won a 1% quote of market ever since their entry into the market last year. It’s obious that their strategy is to expand in markets ruled by Goggle without competency and which have a high habitation index such as Turkey, Egypt, etc.
Seo & Yandex
How does the Yandex search engine work like?
First things first is to get to know the search engine, its algorith, its changes, etc. Historically speaking, “Yandex” is an acronym of “other indexer”. The users have suggested various versions of the word’s etimology. One of the exotic versions suggests that the “Yan” syllabe comes from the bright and “sunny” part of the Ying-Yang symbol. Yandex is a search engine with its own tech, was born on the same year as Goggle, but it focused on a minoritary market. Several believe that the Yandex success is in the complexity it has when handling Cyrillic text, but, in truth, it’s the way in which it works upon its structure and not the characters it works with. Some also believe that it’s a copy of Google but they’re mistaken: Yandex has its own directives, doesn’t want it to compare to Google and it’s inevitable that the algorithm changes located in all modern search engines are similar because all of them seek the same: the user, which is or should be the main axis in the search-engines. There are differences in the ranking factors.
Starting in 2009, Yandex introduced in their algorith an updated named “Snezhinsk” which was based on the regional search not only splitting the regions and provinces but also the cities and got some advantage points compared to Google, their rival, because Google’s region searches consists on only splitting the nation into regions. Back in 2010 the “Ya. Perevod” translation system showed up and the users can run searches in Russian in Yandex.ru and through Yandex.com.
The Spectrum search techn allows one to gain a wide specter ofsearch results which purposely match with different users based on the frequency of their searches. 20% of the searches of the Yandex user are ambiguous. Spectrum works on those search stadistics.The system analyzes user searches and can ID objects such as persons’ names, films, books or cars.Each object is classified in one or more categories.The categorization helps the system to tell apart between meanings when processing the search look-ups and returnign results based on the user’s intent.Spectrum also uses the info from reference sources and encyclopedias such as Wikipedia.This helps the search engine to recognize new objects, learn about new meaning which don’t fit in any existing category and add new categories.
But the big change came withMatrixnet and the true strength of the search engine was developed with theself-learning: thanks to that change the idiom manipulation and the learning of the machine become the keys of its difference with Goggle. English is non-declination idiom and that means that the substantives and verbs don’t change according to their rule on the phrase and don’t reflect the relational info. Russian is another tale altogether: verbs have several more conjugation forms: idioms like Russian, German and Turkish are formed depending on the gramatical context. The morphologic Yandex search engine takes this inflexion into account and handles it better than Goggle does.
Matrixnet, the Yandex search tech, “learns” on how to improve the search results based on a broad scope of dynamic factores related with the sites which respond to any look-up. It’s based in what people evaluate when searching a site and its system learns to create and apply norms which help it decide the relevance of a site. Yandexprocesses over 120.000.000 look-ups per day.Roughly half of these look-ups are unique and to face this load correctly, a search engine has to be capable of deciding on the previous experience’s basis: it has to learn and that’s what they think inYandex. Google, obviously enough, also uses self-learning, but not in the scale Yandex does.
Could it be that Google is looking up to Yandex?
That Matrixnet rule is base on the site’s propierties and the users’ look-ups. Some of them, like the number of links which lead to one particular site, are static “a website’s description”, like others such as “a site has X words which match with a look-up search result”, “how many and where in a site are dynamic”, “describe both a site and a search look-up”. There also are specific properties not only for search look-ups, such as Geo-location, the important of which is on the rise.
These quantificable properties of websites an the searches look-ups are the famous classifying factors. These factores are key in running exact searches and decide the most relevant results.For a search engine to obtain relevant user look-up results it must take a lot of factors into mind. MatrixNet can generate a long and complicated classficiation formula which takes into account a lot of factors and their combinations. It’s an alternative way to the learning factors: else they can produced simple formulas by using a lesser factor number or by the use of a wider learning sample. MatrixNet builds a formula based in tens of thousands of factors, which obviously increases the relevance of search results. Another important MatrixNet trait is to customize a classifying formula for a specific type of look-up searches.
Classifying results in a search-engine demands millions of studies of psites and that takes time: time which it can’t afford because it must give out a quick and quality reply to the user. Yandex allows one to check the sites of a great number of ranking factors without increasing processing power and gives out an instantaneous result.
Yandex has two systems – the first one, the main tracker, builds up indexes of all web-sites which it goes through, while the other, known as Orange, realizes express indexing to make sure that the most recent documents, including those which showed up in small webs or even seconds before tacking, are located in the search engine index.
Pieces of advice regarding Yandex
Fill up the box and click match: unless you know Russian then use the English version and try using using broad expressions not only to get more results but because that’s the Yandex users’ styles. Remember that Yandex has a very technical search-engine and takes into account word morphology, the plural declination and conjugation which are considered as part of a word.
The left column shows the monthly keyword search volume, keywords which are searched in a specific manner in the search slot, while the right column shows additional related suggerences. It’s very important for the Yandex search engine to run geo-located searches by user profile which is taken int account and you canchange regions clciking “Specificy Region” and pick one: if you want it to work at worlwide level then don’t change it.
For a best result segmenting you filterkeywords, regions , maps , months & weeks.
By regions. I’ve turned the city filter and tells me the searches by city and popularity percentages.
This is the way to interpret regional popularity percentages:
- 100% – non-outstanding popularity
- Over 100% – the keyword is really popular
- Below 100% – lack of popularity
- 0% – the keyword isn’t used in the region
By map. You witness a world map and when hovering the mouse over the nation it gives out the popularity percentage and the search volume..
By month It shows the monthly stadistics by keyword and the specific regions.The stadistics are shown in the form of a graph with an option to pick an absolute or relative scale.The cracked line graph is made of coordinate points represented by search volume which shows in the Y axis and the months shown in the X axis.The search volume data by month are shown in the table below the graph.
Yandex. WordStat & concordance types
When investigating keywords in Yandex you must use WordStats to be up-to-date in the concordance types with the goal of filtering, reducing and make the keyword search more relevant.
Yandex, unlike Google, refers to concordance types as «operators». We’re gonna have a look at the operators applied to keywords.
- – (operator “minus”). This operator is used to exclude some words which show up in the keywords suggerences.As an example: if you write PC repairs in the keyword field, the results will only include the keywords which have the word “PC” and will exclude any result of the “repairs” word.
- “”(operator«quoute mark ‘). This operator is useful if you only want to search the forms of a word or particular phrase. If you apply it to the word “chair” , the results will have the declinations and plurals of the word, “for example,”chairs”, etc of chair”, but the keywords which are additional wordds, combining the target word, like “officer chair”, “leather chair”, etc
- + (operator “plus”). It’s used to add prepositions in the key-words. All keywords which have prepositions are discarded by Yandeex by default.Example: the wordholidays + in Russia the preposition “en” will be taken into account by Yandex.
- ! (operador of “exclamation” ). It’s used on the front part of which word in a keyword to exclude any of its forms in the words which show in the results.Once it’s applied, WordStat will only show the stats so that the keyword shows up as an exact coincidence.Example: if you add it to the keyword game ! computer ! then it’ll only recieve the stadisics of excluded keywords ‘game of computer’ of the keyword, like “game of computer”, “games of computer”, etc
Compared to Google, the default concordance type in WordStat is equal to the concordance of the word in Google such as the search volume which displays for all keywords which are contained on their phrases.The type of concordance expanded in Google terms is represented by additional key-words or “people who searchedkeyword also searched”in the right column next to the results which have the specified keyword.
Advice to carry out a keyword research using Yandex WordStat
- Mind the Russian Internet user search preferences: used look-ups broader than the long tail ones.You can try asking natives to carry out a good keyword research study, given how they could have a better comprehension of the peculiar traits Russian has.
- Pick the most relevant keywords applied the right command types and operators.
- Apply the filter which the tool uses to gather further stadistics more relevant for the keywords.
Link-building in Yandex
Like most search engines Yandex also uses the internal and external link number as means to classify.The link’s quality is settled by the authority and classification of the external link which, thematically, must be as close as possible to the union site.
Some aspects to mind to increase ranking in Yandex:
- Warning and obvious advice: Send your URL to Yandex
- Onpage is important for Yandex, work on metakeywords and the headlines.
- Share o hire contextual links in interesting thematically similar sits or of high authority.
- A less effective trick is to participate in link exchange networks.
- Check out Yandex: webmasters tools – Check the URL and present its Sitemap XML
- Link-buying is more permissive in Yandex and works along link sharing .
- Send your URL to the Yandex Russian Directory , Yandex likes to index sites for its own site list.
- One difference between them is that Yandex doesn’t index forums, guest books, newspapers or social networks, thus the vinculation of none of those sources doesn’t contribute to positive ranking.
- Yandex doesn’t check backlinks of sites which could transmit spam, such as SEO directories, link farms, SIGs Forums & Blog comments.
- Correct gramatical conent, important factor, be careful.
- They ignore links of free and 3rd level domain-sites: linking non-indexed pages is in vain.
- The site age is taken into account (not the domain). Google also does it but in a lesser grade.
- Geolocalization is very important to have local presence.
- One link contributes to increasing the site’s value during indexing.
- Any link-sharing must be done with Russian sites.
The main reson for the Yandex success is the search tech and the quality results by MatrixNet.